Take the first step.
- Enter personal info and academic history
- Submit two short responses
- Upload resume and transcript
- Receive admissions decision within two weeks of the deadline by which you apply
- Placement Process
- Get connected with an Engage Chicago Advisor
- Work with Advisor to identify potential internships and schedule interviews
- Internship Offer
- Advisor works with you until you secure an internship, at which point placement process ends
- This can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months
- Program Begins
- The program starts with move-in and orientation
You can apply to Engage Chicago 2021 by one of three deadlines. We accept applicants from each deadline, but earlier applicants receive priority consideration in our rolling admissions process.
Attend an Engage Chicago info session to learn more about the program and hear from program staff and alumni.
March 2021 info sessions to be announced.
We welcome applicants from any college or university who will have completed at least one year of school by the start of the program. College graduates are also welcome to apply.
Each application is carefully reviewed by our selection committee. Beyond grades and transcripts, we look for students who demonstrate a commitment to the program in its entirety and display a sincere interest in learning in and from the city of Chicago.